Updated March 2, 2022
But to start, here are a few quick notes on what FlexJobs is and how we interact with our members. At the core of them all, it's important to understand that FlexJobs is a membership service provider. By joining FlexJobs as a member, you have access to a wide variety of premium online resources to help you find and be prepared for remote and flexible job opportunities. These include, but aren't limited to:
● Our Job Specialist, Research, and Data Entry teams are screening thousands of jobs daily based on continuously updated criteria provided by our current members for both quality and match.
● Educational/development opportunities including career coaching Q&As, webinars with top hiring companies, online remote/flexible work courses, virtual job fairs, educational opportunities, expert skills tests, online soft skills courses, job search checklists, thousands of articles, and more.
● Only jobs that align with the direction provided by our members and/or meet FlexJobs’ requirements for quality and fit are curated and added to the platform.
● Additional support for our members includes top-notch client support (by phone or online) and pre-negotiated discounts on related vetted products and services.
Below is a quick glance at some of the more important guidelines that apply to your use of the FlexJobs Site:
● Whether you are a Job Seeker, Employer, or just passing through, we expect you to abide by a high standard of professional and acceptable behavior. You must also comply with applicable law, including local, state, and federal employment and discrimination laws.
● Job Seekers agree to use all resources on the FlexJobs Site solely for personal, individual noncommercial use and agree not to share, sell, distribute or disclose to any third party or on any other website any FlexJobs content, which includes job listings.
● Employers interested in and requesting Membership to use the FlexJobs service will be invited to do so at the sole discretion of FlexJobs.
● Employers must be legitimate, have a well-established and positive reputation, and be hiring for jobs that offer some kind of work flexibility (remote options, freelance schedule, part-time, alternative, or flexible schedule). An Employer that does not satisfy our guidelines, particularly if there is questionable or scam-related behavior, will not be (or continue to be) approved for Membership.
● Employer accounts can only be created by the appropriate HR Manager/Executive/Recruiter from within and approved by the Employer organization. Independent Representatives are not permitted to post jobs on behalf of an Employer organization.
● If Membership is approved, when posting jobs or contacting candidates, Employers must be hiring for current employment opportunities that include a flexible work element such as a remote work option, freelance contract, or a part-time, flexible, or alternative schedule.
● Employers are explicitly prohibited from soliciting potentially invasive personal or financial information from candidates in the database as part of the job application/advertisement process, such as social security, credit card, or bank account numbers.
● Business opportunities, including any job requiring an investment or payment to get started, are not permitted on FlexJobs.
● Commission-Only jobs are not permitted to be posted on the FlexJobs Site.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, whichever is older, to visit or use FlexJobs in any manner. By visiting and continuing to use FlexJobs, you represent and warrant to FlexJobs that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms. You also represent and warrant to FlexJobs that you will use FlexJobs in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. FlexJobs authorizes you to view and access a single copy of the content available on or from FlexJobs solely for your personal use. The contents of FlexJobs, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software, and other FlexJobs content, are protected under both United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other laws. You agree not to sell or modify the FlexJobs content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the FlexJobs content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of FlexJobs, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits FlexJobs or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of FlexJobs' trademarks, or that otherwise infringes FlexJobs' intellectual property rights. You further agree not to misuse in any other way any FlexJobs content. The use of the FlexJobs content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. Any code that FlexJobs creates to generate or display any FlexJobs content or the pages making up any FlexJobs Site is also protected by FlexJobs' copyright, and you may not copy or adapt such code.
3. Any Employer may request membership and/or submit jobs to FlexJobs, however, memberships to use FlexJobs hiring and recruiting services will only be extended to those who FlexJobs deems a good match for its platform and jobs to be posted to FlexJobs' job database will only be accepted if deemed a high-quality likely match for its job seekers' interests. For example, priority will be given to high-quality organizations hiring for professional jobs which align well with the interests of the FlexJobs’ candidate pool and who have a good track record in their industry.
4. Users may not use FlexJobs in order to transmit, post, distribute, store, or destroy material, including without limitation, FlexJobs content, (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or hateful.
5. Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of any FlexJobs Site, including without limitation, the following activities: (a) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any FlexJobs Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing"; or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. FlexJobs will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
6. The profile and resume database ("FlexJobs Resume Database") and other features of FlexJobs may be used only for lawful purposes by Employers seeking employees or freelance workers. FlexJobs Resume Profiles may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals to network for professional purposes with other individuals.
7. FlexJobs specifically prohibits any other use of FlexJobs, and all Users agree not to do any of the following: (a) use any FlexJobs Resume Database for any purpose other than as an Employer seeking employees or freelancers; (b) post or submit to FlexJobs any incomplete, false, or inaccurate biographical or organizational information or information which is not your own; (c) send unsolicited mail or e-mail, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to a User of FlexJobs; (d) delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity; (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any FlexJobs Site's infrastructure; or (f) aggregate, copy, or duplicate in any manner any of the FlexJobs content or information available from FlexJobs, without express written consent from FlexJobs; or (g) post jobs or content on any FlexJobs Site that contain hyperlinks, "hidden" keywords, or keywords that are irrelevant to the job or are otherwise misleading.
8. FlexJobs does not necessarily monitor materials posted, transmitted, or communicated to or within the Site. If you believe that something on the Site violates these Terms, please contact us.
10. FlexJobs reserves the right to offer third party services and products to you based on the preferences that you identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by FlexJobs or by third parties.
11. You understand and acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in your FlexJobs Account and that if you cancel your FlexJobs Account, all your account information from FlexJobs will be marked as deleted in FlexJobs' databases and will be removed from any public area of the FlexJobs Site. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through FlexJobs' web servers. In addition, third parties may retain cached copies of your information.
12. As stated on the subscription page (for job seekers) and membership pages (for employers) when you submit your billing information, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each month (30 days), 3-months (90 days), or year, per your chosen subscription type. You have the choice to cancel your account, so it doesn't renew, which you can do at any time from within your logged in account under Account Settings (read more on cancellation below in section 19). If you do not cancel your account prior to your next renewal date, it will automatically renew, and you will be billed for a continued subscription. You are solely responsible for and in control of canceling your account when you would like to no longer use the FlexJobs service. No pro-rated credit will be given for partial use of your subscription.
13. You are responsible for your FlexJobs account information, Employer account information, job postings, Resume Profile, content, messages, audio, video, photos, text, images, compilations or other information that you post on FlexJobs or transmit to other Users ("User Content"). You agree that in submitting User Content or otherwise using any FlexJobs Site that you will not impersonate any person, or submit any materials to FlexJobs that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, or are otherwise in violation of your obligations under these Terms.
14. When providing or forwarding information between Employer and Job Seekers, FlexJobs acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of User Content and has no obligation to screen User Content, communications, or information and is not responsible for screening or monitoring User Content. However, FlexJobs may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules, or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive, or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms, or threatens the safety of, FlexJobs or its Users. FlexJobs reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to FlexJobs and/or use of FlexJobs services for violating these Terms. FlexJobs may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for FlexJobs, damage FlexJobs' brand or public image, or cause FlexJobs to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
15. FlexJobs does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content or any other communications posted by Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
16. If notified by a User of User Content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, FlexJobs may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to take any other actions including whether to remove or request the removal of the User Content. FlexJobs has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
17. We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome your comments regarding your experience with our Site.
a. Please be advised that by submitting any comments, feedback, testimonials, or success stories you are granting FlexJobs permission to use your comments, feedback, testimonials, or success stories (collectively "Feedback") for marketing purposes unless during the original submission you explicitly state that you do not grant that permission. FlexJobs shall be entitled to unrestricted use of Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
b. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If despite our request, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the "Submission"), the Submission shall be the property of FlexJobs. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. FlexJobs shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
18. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, profile, and passwords, as applicable. You may not share your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and you shall be responsible for all uses of your FlexJobs registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify FlexJobs of any unauthorized use of your account, profile, or passwords.
20. Job Seekers:
a. Subscription Service: Job Seekers who have paid for our service qualify for a refund. If you are not satisfied with our service and wish to request a refund, you may do so either by phone, email or through the Contact form on FlexJobs' Website. You must request a refund within 30 days of account creation and/or renewal. Accounts with a weekly (7-day) subscription plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent week's billing, with a refund value limit of $9.95. Accounts with a monthly (30-day) subscription plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent month's billing, with a refund value limit of $24.95. Accounts with a 3-month (90-day) plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent billing, with a refund value limit of $39.95. Accounts with an annual subscription plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent year's billing, with a refund value limit of $59.95.
b. Other Services: Job Seekers are not entitled to refunds on services purchased such as Career Coaching, Resume Review, or similar offerings. Please contact us if you have a question about this policy.
a. Membership Service: Employers who have paid for a membership can qualify for a refund. You must request a refund within 7 days of account creation and/or renewal. If you are not satisfied with our service and wish to request a refund, you may do so either by phone, email or through the Employer Contact form on FlexJobs' Website. Accounts with a monthly (30-day) subscription plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent month's billing, with a refund value limit of $399. Accounts with a 3-month (90-day) plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent billing, with a refund value limit of $859. Accounts with an annual subscription plan will be refunded for the full payment of the most recent year's billing, with a refund value limit of $2999.
b. Other Services: Employers are not entitled to refunds on services purchased such as webinars, social media campaigns, targeted emails or message inbox, consulting, bulk gift certificates, or similar offerings. Please contact us if you have a question about this policy.
22. FlexJobs and all of its affiliated companies respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display, or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner's rights. As a condition to your use of FlexJobs, you agree not to use FlexJobs to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. We will terminate the accounts of any FlexJobs Users, and block access to FlexJobs of any Users who infringe the copyright, or other intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to take these actions at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, and without any liability to you.
23. Job Postings: Employers submit job postings to FlexJobs for consideration in its job database, and FlexJobs' team researches job listings for consideration to be added to its job database. In either case, every job will be reviewed to ensure it meets the quality and relevancy criteria. FlexJobs reserves the right to reject job postings in our sole discretion. Additionally, FlexJobs is used by candidates to post Resume Profiles (and related application materials) and to apply for jobs. FlexJobs is not to be considered an Employer, a headhunter, a staffing agency, or in any similar capacity with respect to the use of our Site or the services we provide. Accordingly, FlexJobs shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made by any entity posting jobs on our Site. While we take extensive efforts to screen and censor the listings offered in the interest of preventing scams, abuse, and/or illegal activity, we are not responsible for the actual interactions or negotiations between potential Employers and candidates, nor for confirming or controlling the quality, accuracy, or legality of information provided by Users (which include candidates and Employers) on the Website.
24. FlexJobs may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such Content could create liability for FlexJobs, damage FlexJobs' brand or public image, or cause FlexJobs to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers. While FlexJobs reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, job postings, resumes, or other material from FlexJobs from time to time, FlexJobs does not assume any obligation to do so and disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
25. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, FlexJobs cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on FlexJobs, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release FlexJobs (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your interactions with other Users and any such disputes that may result from those interactions.
26. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
27. FlexJobs may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. FlexJobs makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any FlexJobs content. The use of all FlexJobs content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to FlexJobs and may be made at any time. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content, and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on FlexJobs. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on FlexJobs. FlexJobs is not to be considered an Employer with respect to your use of FlexJobs and FlexJobs shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on any FlexJobs Site.
28. FlexJobs cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from the use of FlexJobs. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from FlexJobs shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
30. For information regarding our commitment to compliance with Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act, see our 508 Compliance Commitment page.
31. Limitation and Disclaimer of Warranties. FLEXJOBS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF ANY FLEXJOBS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED TO SERVICE OR REPLACE YOUR EQUIPMENT OR DATA, FLEXJOBS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE FLEXJOBS SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. FLEXJOBS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FLEXJOBS MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE FLEXJOBS CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
32. IN NO EVENT SHALL FLEXJOBS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OTHER FLEXJOBS’ AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY FLEXJOBS SITE AND THE FLEXJOBS CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FLEXJOBS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
33. FLEXJOBS' MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FLEXJOBS SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE FLEXJOBS CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $50.
34. FlexJobs provides access to third party content and links. You understand and agree that we're only acting as a conduit and that we have no liability related to the third-party, whether arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, or obscenity. FlexJobs is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your risk.
35. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FlexJobs, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any damages, losses, or expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from any User Content or other material you provide to us, your use of any FlexJobs content, or your breach or alleged breach of these Terms. If FlexJobs wants you to defend it in any such action, we shall provide prompt notice to you of any related claim or demand.
36. These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you are a User of FlexJobs at any level. FlexJobs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of your User Content from FlexJobs and immediate termination of your registration or ability to access FlexJobs, any other FlexJobs Sites, and/or any other services provided by FlexJobs, upon any breach by you of these Terms or if FlexJobs is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to FlexJobs or pursuant to other FlexJobs Site registration. Even after you are no longer a User of FlexJobs, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and FlexJobs and is accepted by you upon your use of FlexJobs.